Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Mississippi Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 MS Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cindy Hyde-Smith (1) Republican candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- David Baria (21) Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Jensen Bohren (16) Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Roger Wicker (17) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Mississippi
- Tate Reeves (3) Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Mississippi 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage: (6-year seat)
- Ripon Advance, "Wicker calls on Treasury to drop the hammer on Iran," August 28, 2018
- TodayInMississippi.com, "Talking with 'Today': Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves," May 26, 2018
- MillennialPolitics.co, "Bohren Wants to be a Senator Mississippi Can Trust," by Emily Blake, January 6, 2018
- USA Today, "Civil rights museums: 'I felt the bullets; I felt the tears'," by Jerry Mitchell, December 9, 2017
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, "U.S. food policy is not health policy," by Gary Pettus, September 8, 2016
- Reuters.com, "Mississippi clerks cannot claim religious exception to gay marriage," by Dan Whitcomb, June 27, 2016
Mississippi will also hold a special Senate election on Nov. 6, to replace Sen. Thad Cochran.
Mississippi 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage: (2-year seat)
- CNN KFile, "Hyde-Smith pushed resolution praising Confederate soldier," by E.Bradner & A.Kaczynski, Nov. 26, 2018
- McClatchyDC, "Mike Espy sees runoff as path to a Miss. Senate seat," by William Douglas, September 12, 2018
- Clarion-Ledger, "Cindy Hyde-Smith will make us all proud," by Gov. Phil Bryant, March 23, 2018
- USA Today, "Bryant seeks Trump support for Senate appointee Cindy Hyde-Smith," by Geoff Pender, March 22, 2018
- Clarion-Ledger, "Phil Bryant hopes to sway Donald Trump," by Geoff Pender, March 22, 2018
- WTVA.com, "Gov. Bryant appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith to succeed Thad Cochran," by Zac Carlisle, March 21, 2018
- Washington Times, "Mississippi governor appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith," by Victor Morton, March 21, 2018
- Bustle.com, "Mississippi Will Have Its First Woman Senator Soon," by Lauren Holter, March 21, 2018
- Huffington Post, "Remembering the $17 Million Dollar Witch Hunt of Mike Espy," by Matthew Lynch, January 8, 2012
- MillerCenter.org, "Oral History, Secretary of Agriculture," May 15, 2006
- Los Angeles Times, "Agriculture Secretary Imposes Freeze on Jobs," February 2, 1993
- The Washington Post, "Is Mike Espy really the NRA?," by Samuel Purchase, February 10, 1989
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
David Baria: Keep abortion & contraception safe, legal & woman's choice.
Roger Wicker: Roe v Wade has led to a decades-long holocaust.
Jensen Bohren: Women should have same body autonomy as men.
Budget & Economy|
David Baria: Stimulus spending ok, but hesitant about 2009 Obama plan.
Roger Wicker: Opposed Obama 2009 stimulus plan & most stimulus plans.
Roger Wicker: Allow businesses to deny services to same-sex couples.
Tate Reeves: Clerks have religious right to refuse gay marriage licenses.
David Baria: No cutbacks in Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Roger Wicker: CPFB is thinly veiled attempt to expand federal control.
Jensen Bohren: Small businesses need same subsidy that big businesses get.
Jensen Bohren: Wall Street needs regulations to stop manipulating prices.
David Baria: Tax giveaways are trouble when obligations aren't met.
David Baria: Supports criminal justice reform in line with Black Caucus.
Jensen Bohren: Reformed felons need their voting rights reinstated.
Jensen Bohren: Private prisons being encouraged to fill up to capacity.
David Baria: Medical marijuana yes; recreational marijuana no.
Roger Wicker: Feds should intervene if states legalize marijuana.
Tate Reeves: Stronger measures against drugs at work.
David Baria: In favor of legalizing medical marijuana.
Jensen Bohren: Marijuana should be treated like alcohol and tobacco.
David Baria: Opposes vouchers for private schools with public money.
David Baria: Make 2-year colleges tuition free.
Roger Wicker: Support tax-free savings accounts for private school costs.
Roger Wicker: Opposes refinancing student loans at lower rates.
Jensen Bohren: Put the focus on educating the students, not on profits.
Energy & Oil|
David Baria: Limit greenhouse gases; support renewable energy.
Roger Wicker: Human cause of climate change isn't settled.
Jensen Bohren: Total shift to green energy sources and transportation.
David Baria: Prioritize protecting the environment, but no us-vs.-them.
David Baria: Tariffs have negative impact on Mississippians.
Roger Wicker: Tariffs hurt, but end results will be greater opportunities.
Roger Wicker: Opposes limiting campaign donations, and opposes disclosure.
Jensen Bohren: Prohibit all campaign donations from corporations.
David Baria: Common-sense measures, like restrict semi-automatic weapons.
Roger Wicker: More gun control laws are not the answer to gun problems.
David Baria: I support 2nd Amendment along with rest of Bill of Rights.
Jensen Bohren: Moratorium on studying gun violence must be lifted.
David Baria: Improve ObamaCare without weakening it.
Roger Wicker: Repeal massive overhaul of America's healthcare system.
Jensen Bohren: Cut out middleman and use the taxes for Medicare-For-All.
Jensen Bohren: Our vets don't deserve the treatment they have received.
David Baria: Path to citizenship for DREAMers; earned path for others.
Roger Wicker: De-fund DREAMer programs; oppose path for citizenship.
David Baria: Against President Trump's immigration policies.
Principles & Values|
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Promoted resolution celebrating Confederacy.
Tate Reeves: Aligns God with prayers for both state and nation.
Jensen Bohren: Protect our inalienable rights.
David Baria: Protect Social Security from privatization.
Roger Wicker: Let workers invest portion in private accounts.
David Baria: Work hard to protect people's Social Security benefits.
David Baria: Trump tax cuts are giveaway to top 1%.
Roger Wicker: Trump tax cuts give job creators more capital to invest.
Jensen Bohren: Elect those who actually represent us, not themselves.
Jensen Bohren: Net Neutrality is fair to all, keeps manipulators at bay.
War & Peace|
Roger Wicker: Withdraw from Iran nuclear treaty & make better deal.
Roger Wicker: Withdraw from Iran nuke deal, and step up sanctions.
David Baria: Syria used chemical weapons against its own civilians.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jensen Bohren: Paycheck to paycheck is an abominable way to exist.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Cindy Hyde-Smith Republican candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- David Baria Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Jensen Bohren Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Roger Wicker Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Mississippi
- Tate Reeves Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Mississippi Senate race: debates and news coverage.