Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Forbes Magazine "Candidates Want You to Know" series
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Forbes Magazine 2016 Candidates (number of quotes indicated):
- Ben Carson (5) HUD Secretary
- Bernie Sanders (3) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Bobby Jindal (3) Louisiana Republican 2016 Presidential candidate
- Carly Fiorina (3) California SBA Director
- Chris Christie (3) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Cynthia Nixon (2) New York Democratic candidate for governor of New York
- Donald Trump (4) Republican Presidential candidate
- George Pataki (1) New York Republican presidential candidate
- Gina Raimondo (1) Rhode Island Democratic Governor
- Hillary Clinton (2) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Jeb Bush (1) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jim Oberweis (5) Republican Senate Challenger Illinois
- Lawrence Lessig (2) Massachusetts Democrat for President
- Lincoln Chafee (1) Rhode Island Independent Rhode Island Governor
- Lindsey Graham (3) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Marco Rubio (1) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mark Green (1) Tennessee Republican candidate for Governor
- Martin O`Malley (1) Maryland Democratic Presidential candidate
- Mary Mayhew (1) Maine Republican candidate for governor of Maine
- Mike Huckabee (4) Arkansas Republican Presidential candidate
- Phil Murphy (1) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial nominee
- Rand Paul (2) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rick Perry (1) Texas Secretary of Energy
- Rick Santorum (1) Republican Presidential candidate
- Rob Hogg (1) Democratic Senate challenger Iowa
- Ted Cruz (3) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Tom Del Beccaro (4) Republican Senate challenger California
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Forbes magazine published throughout 2015 a series of articles entitled, "Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know," focusing on education issues.
The articles were authored by Maureen Sullivan.
- Ted Cruz On Education: 6 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, March 24
- Rand Paul On Education: 5 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, April 7
- Hillary Clinton On Education: 8 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, April 12
- Marco Rubio On Education: 5 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, April 13
- Bernie Sanders On Education: 5 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, April 30
- Carly Fiorina On Education: 6 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, May 4
- Ben Carson On Education: 5 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, May 5
- Mike Huckabee On Education: 7 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, May 6
- Rick Santorum On Education: 5 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, May 27
- Martin O'Malley On Education: 7 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, June 1
- Lindsey Graham On Education: 4 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, June 2
- Lincoln Chafee On Education: 5 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, June 7
- George Pataki On Education: 6 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, June 11
- Jeb Bush On Education: 11 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, June 15
- Bobby Jindal On Education: 10 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, June 24
- Chris Christie On Education: 12 Things The Presidential Candidate Wants You To Know, June 30
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Cynthia Nixon: Arresting people for cannabis is racist war on drugs.
Cynthia Nixon: Racial equity in cannabis industry as form of reparations.
Donald Trump: Melania's "Be Best": focus on well-being & opioid abuse.
Phil Murphy: Focus on racial justice with marijuana legalization.
Ted Cruz: 2014: federal enforcement; 2015: let states experiment.
Rob Hogg: Excellent schools are of utmost importance.
Lawrence Lessig: Congress should decide student loan rates, not banks.
Lawrence Lessig: No Child Left Behind gave birth to testing industry.
Chris Christie: Supports both charter schools and vouchers.
Chris Christie: Speak the truth to the teachers union; then reform tenure.
Chris Christie: Extend school until 6 PM daily; and 12 months per year.
Bobby Jindal: Money follows the child, instead of child following money.
Bobby Jindal: Shrink Dept. of Education, and reduce its power.
Bobby Jindal: If it's not about student achievement, what's it about?
Donald Trump: Cut the Department of Education way, way down.
Donald Trump: Founded Trump University to teach the art of deal-making.
Jeb Bush: Stop school districts that value money over learning.
George Pataki: Common Core is a horrible idea.
Lincoln Chafee: $6 million for RI higher education: make tuition affordable.
Rick Perry: Supported homeschooling; and scholarships for choice.
Lindsey Graham: States were bribed and coerced into adopting Common Core.
Martin O`Malley: Allow refinancing college loans & income-based repayments.
Rick Santorum: Common sense instead of Common Core.
Mike Huckabee: College creates mountains of debt but not lifelong careers.
Mike Huckabee: No constitutional authority for Department of Education.
Mike Huckabee: School choice for all: public or private for all kids.
Mike Huckabee: Some homeschooled kids are the most successful kids.
Ben Carson: Our public education system has become a propaganda system.
Bernie Sanders: College loan repayment is regressive; refinance & forgive.
Marco Rubio: Too many 4-year college grads; focus on vocational careers.
Hillary Clinton: Vouchers aren't constitutional; charter schools are ok.
Hillary Clinton: Let's get back to schools where kids are socialized.
Rand Paul: Transfer $100B spent on federal DOE to states & local.
Carly Fiorina: Synthesis of public school system and competitive vouchers.
Carly Fiorina: Education crisis:we're behind on teaching skills & character.
Carly Fiorina: Make sure that every parent has a choice.
Ted Cruz: Right to education: public, private, charter, or homeschool.
Ted Cruz: We should thank parents who homeschool.
Tom Del Beccaro: Farmers bear the brunt of a plethora of regulations.
Tom Del Beccaro: Increase water supplies rather than fining citizens.
Jim Oberweis: To understand China, read the 5-year plans.
Jim Oberweis: Challenge in China is lack of clarity on taxes.
Jim Oberweis: Invest in Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan, India, and China.
Tom Del Beccaro: More taxes & regulations loom with ObamaCare.
Jim Oberweis: Not a fan of ObamaCare, but it helps healthcare businesses.
Lindsey Graham: Make homeschooled graduates eligible for military service.
Bernie Sanders: Cut defense by $18B to pay for 55% of all college tuition.
Gina Raimondo: Touts unemployment rate of 4.3%, lowest rate since 2001.
Tom Del Beccaro: $15 mandated wages results in lower employment.
Principles & Values|
Donald Trump: Attended military academy & Wharton Business School.
Bernie Sanders: Registered Independent; calls himself a democratic socialist.
Ben Carson: Each person should be responsible for their own pension.
Ben Carson: Gradually raise the age of eligibility for benefits.
Ben Carson: Individuals responsible for pension; with federal supplement.
Ben Carson: Raise retirement age gradually; & forbid raiding Trust Fund.
Mark Green: Eliminate Hall tax: 6% on unearned interest and dividends.
Lindsey Graham: Designate 25 "manufacturing universities" for engineers.
Jim Oberweis: Protect intellectual property rights, including lawsuits.
War & Peace|
Rand Paul: Don't get stuck in Cold War idea of tweaking Russia.
Welfare & Poverty|
Mary Mayhew: Time limits on welfare benefits, to promote employment.
The above quotations are from Forbes Magazine "Candidates Want You to Know" series.
Miami Republican debate, March 10, 2016
Miami Democratic debate, March 9, 2016
Democratic primary debate in Flint, Michigan, March 6, 2016
Republican primary debate in Detroit, Michigan, March 3, 2016
CNN-Telemundo Republican debate on eve of Texas primary., Feb. 25, 2016
Democratic and Republican primary Town Hall, on eve of S.C. primary
2016 CNN GOP Town Hall in South Carolina, Feb. 17-18, 2016
2016 CBS News Republican Debate in S.C., Feb. 13, 2016
PBS Democratic Primary Debate in Wisconsin, Feb. 11, 2016
2016 ABC News/IJReview Republican Debate in N.H., Feb. 6, 2016
MSNBC Democratic primary debate in New Hampshire, Feb. 4, 2016
2016 CNN Democratic Town Hall in N.H., Feb. 3, 2016
2016 Fox News GOP primary debate in Iowa, Jan. 28, 2016
2016 NBC Democratic primary debate, Jan. 17, 2016
2016 Fox Business two-tiered GOP primary debate, Jan. 14, 2016
2015 ABC Democratic primary debate in New Hampshire, Dec. 19, 2015
2015 CNN Republican primary debate in Nevada, Dec. 15, 2015
2015 CBS Democratic primary debate, Nov. 14, 2015
2015 Fox Business/WSJ two-tiered GOP primary debate, Nov. 10, 2015
2015 CNBC two-tiered GOP primary debate, Oct. 28, 2015
2015 CNN Democratic primary debate, Oct. 13, 2015
2015 CNN two-tiered GOP primary debate, Sept. 16, 2015
Red State Gathering, Aug 6-9, 2015
2015 Fox News/Facebook two-tiered GOP primary debate, August 6, 2015
Faith and Freedom Coalition "Road to Majority" Policy Conferences, April 25, 2015
2015 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 26-27, 2015
Forbes Magazine "Candidates Want You to Know" series, March-June 2015
Sunday Political Talk Show interviews, throughout 2015
Pre-Iowa caucus political summits, throughout 2015
Brennan Center for Justice essays
National Journal 2016 series
Interviews on 2016 races with OnTheIssues
PBS News Hour "2016 Candidate Stands" series
PolitiFact fact-checking on 2016 campaigns
Survey of 2016 Presidential campaign websites